Beauty Entrepreneurs on the Rise: Gabe Maya and Kathy Alby of Zue Beauty.
These two are change makers in their community.
They have used their beauty brand to source local ingredients from local farmers and have helped over 1130 growers in their home country of Colombia South America switch from growing coca to Quinoa, and green tea and other beneficial crops.
- These social entrepreneurs are on a mission to make a big impact in the world.
- Zue beauty is a Vegan, Organic, Quinoa based skincare
- Available in Whole Foods across the Mid-Atlantic region
- Nominated for best in category by IBE (Indie Beauty Expo), August 2017
Some of the biggest takeaways from this interview for me is no matter what obstacles are against you, with the right attitude, vision, and commitment you can make it!
Stay Positive and Stay happy! – Gabe Maya
Check out these highlights:
- How a project started from an idea to changing 1130 farmers from growing cocoa to quinoa and green tea [4:00]
- How Social entrepreneurship is changing the beauty business. [25:00]
- What Zue beauty has planned for 2018. [30:00]
- Persistence: 1000 doors closed, 5 doors open and those doors were amazing [37:07]
- Two final thoughts to help startups make it through the hard times [40:00]
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Go support Zue Beauty Crowd Funding
- Social Media- FB: @zuebeauty IG: @zuebeauty.com
- You can reach Gabe directly at email@example.com
Ready to start your own line?