- Generally the manufacturer does not allow any tweaking to the formula.
- The formula is already tested and proven which is a huge advantage as they have already worked out the kinks of stability and micro testing are completed.
- The turnaround time is much quicker – this is where the real time is saved as you are not reinventing the wheel.
- It’s easy – all you do is provide graphics and handle your own marketing and take someone else’s work.
The Downside of Private Label:
- You may not like all the ingredients in the formula.
- Any minor tweaks to you may be significant formula changes causing it to fall under custom manufacturing.
- Simple things such as scent and color are usually minor. However, adding “actives” to a formula is generally considered custom formulations.